Benefits of Monthly Billing
More Efficient Household Budgeting
Your Waterworks Utility Bill will now align with most other utility bills such as gas and electric, making your monthly budget that much simpler.
Timely Water Usage
Information Monitoring your water usage can help you control utility costs and save money, especially during summer months.
Detect Possible Water Leaks Quickly
With more timely information, you’ll easily notice if your water usage is different from normal. This allows for the early detection and prompt repair of plumbing leaks, reducing the possibility of a high water bill.
Contracted Meter Readers
In preparation for the transition to monthly billing, some of our water meter-reading functions have been contracted to Alexander's Contract Services. Other than the monthly billing schedule starting in July, customers should experience no change to their service as a result of the contracted meter reading. Contracted meter readers are easily identified by their uniforms, reflective vests, and identification badges. The Alexander's logo is also prominently displayed on all company vehicles.
21 Day Bill Due Date
As part of our transition, we will be changing the payment due date on your bill from 25 days to 21 days after your bill date. With a monthly billing schedule, meter reading and billing typically occur every 28 to 32 days. Changing the due date to 21 days after the bill date will allow for payments to be received and posted to your account before your next billing. The current 25-day due date could result in a “balance forward” being reflected on the subsequent bill. “Balance forward” situations can be confusing and frustrating, particularly for customers who pay on time.
If you are enrolled in automatic recurring payments, either through your bank or the Waterworks payment portal, you may need to make adjustments to your payment setup/schedule.
- Why is Waterworks changing to monthly billing?
- When will monthly billing start?
- What will happen to my service fees?
- If I pay my bill using automatic recurring payments, do I need to change anything?
- How often will my meter be read?
- Will the bill look different?
- Will the change to monthly billing impact the number of days I have to pay my bill?
- I will need to make payments more often and use more postage. How can I save time and money?
- Will this affect my Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) bill?