4th of July Stars in the Sky
The City of Newport News Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department will present the “4th of July Stars in the Sky” on Thursday, July 4, 2019 at Victory Landing Park (50 25th St.). The event begins at 7:00 PM with free children’s inflatables (moon bounces, obstacle courses) and free face painting. Food vendors will be on site selling a variety of items including funnel cakes, hot dogs, hamburgers, and frozen treats. Live music by Full Spectrum from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM. Free light-up give-a-way items will be given out during the event (while supplies last).
is a six piece electrifying, high energy “pop & hip-hop” band out of the USAF Heritage of America Band. This dynamic group of Active Duty musicians is assembled from areas throughout the U.S., but call Langley AFB, VA home. The band is made up of a lead singer, keyboards, guitar, bass, drums, and an audio engineer. Their sound is a mix of “old school” hip-hop similar to artists like “Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five”, “Run-DMC”, and “The Beastie Boys,” and today’s pop music trends such as “Maroon Five”, “Macklemoore” and “The Weekend”. Their musical influence stems from their main mission of reaching this generation’s youth and young adults.
A spectacular fireworks show and will light up the sky over the James River at 9:30 PM.
Admission and parking are free. Directions: Take I-64 to I-664S, take Exit 6 to 26th Street, turn left onto Huntington Avenue, and turn right onto 23rd Street. Free parking is available at the Newport News City Hall parking lot and designated non-restricted public parking spaces in the Downtown area. No pets, bicycles, alcohol, skateboards, or radios are permitted inside the event area. For more information, call 757-926-1400.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
From I-64 East & West
- Take the I-664 Exit
- Take Exit 6 to 26th Street
- Turn left onto Huntington Avenue
- Turn right onto 23rd Street
- Victory Landing Park is at the end of 23rd Street along the James River (50 25th St.)
Free parking at the Newport News City Hall parking lot and non-restricted lots in the Downtown area. Handicapped parking is located in the lot at 23rd Street & West Avenue and designated spaces throughout the Downtown area.
If weather conditions (rain, wind) impact the event, updates will be available at:
- After hours phone recording 757-926-1400
- No alcohol allowed in event area; coolers/picnic baskets are permitted
- Bring blankets or lawn chairs for seating
- Food and soft drinks available for purchase
- No pets permitted in the event area
- No bicycles, skateboards or radios permitted in the event area
- For more information, call Newport News Parks, Recreation & Tourism at: 757-926-1400 or visit www.nnparks.com.
7:00 p.m. Event opens
7:00 - 9:30 p.m. Live Music TBA
9:30 p.m. Fireworks
10:00 p.m. Event closes